Our client is seeking a Senior QA Analyst for a contract role located in Irving, TX.
- Working in a physical lab around electronic lab equipment.
- Work with product owners, developers, SMEs to understand the business use case being built and write test cases to cover the validation of those use cases with all positive and negative flows.
- To be responsible for testing the APIs, DB calls (SQL and NoSQL) and UI.
- To be responsible for performance testing, stress testing, spike testing, volume-based testing, endurance testing, and load testing.
- Understand business use cases, internal/external performance Benchmarks, debug performance issues, design performance testing framework, decision making on issues, technical assistance in performance analysis and performance tuning of DB/OS/APIs.
- Create automation scripts to test the performance of applications.
- Identify hardware and software bottlenecks in the application and raise them to the Development Team.
- Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Strategy & Development, QA, and other central teams to improve performance and scalability of multiple products.
- Review and participate in product benchmarking and design reviews of multiple products to provide early feedback into the design of products.
- Manage automation scripts through the git repository.
- Create Test Plans and integrate them with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline
- Run automation scripts through Jenkins Daily and analyze the response time and performance issues daily along with Dev and Infrastructure Team.
- Create Test Metrics report for each release.
- Monitoring logs, metrics, identifying any potential issues and working with developers to getting them fixed.
- 6+ Years of relevant experience in Automation and Manual Testing Java applications and APIs.
- A deep understanding of performance testing methodologies like performance testing guidelines for cloud and Java Applications.
- Must have hands-on experience in testing tools such as JMeter/Gatling, POSTMAN
- Experience in performance analysis at different layers of application development such as database tuning and JAVA tuning.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience in working on cloud platforms such as AWS/Google Cloud/Windows Azure.
- Experience in working on monitoring tools such as New Relic/Splunk/App Dynamics.
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and understanding performance metrics
- Experience in SQL, database tuning, capacity planning based on the performance of the application.
- Hands of experience in writing automation tests.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual.
- Good at working under pressure.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Good at documentation
- Systematic and organized.