Our client is seeking a Senior Python Engineer for a contract located in Irving, TX.
Must Have Qualifications:
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering with related experience of 5+ years in software/hardware development.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience programming on Python and/or Java (we prefer polyglots & those open to learn new stuff on the go).
• Minimum 2+ years of programming api services.
• 1+ years of programming with Linux/Windows systems with exposure to networking and scripting experience.
• Working knowledge of Raspberry Pi board and Python based applications.
• Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on Arm based micro-controllers, Bluetooth/WiFi/Ethernet for communication, and working with different sensors like Temperature, Weight, Level, Solenoids, etc..
• Experience working with either AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform.
• Knows what RESTful and JSON are and understands the pros and cons over other options.
• Knowledge of Agile and DevOps
• Loves to connect things to other things and have them communicate to create business value.
• Has experience implementing hardware and software integrations into production.
• Has a growth and scalability mindset for software and hardware that translates to production level implementation realities.
• A strong grasp of CS and Electronics fundamentals, especially in circuit design, data structures, algorithm design and Object-Oriented programming.
• Ability to work well in a team and to take on leadership roles as required.
• Experience in using version control systems like Git or SVN, and able to solve merge issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Good to Have:
• Experience working with Django portal.
• Experience with common arm based micro-controllers and microprocessors and use of peripherals
• Knowledge of working with Docker/Kubernetes