Sr. Project Manager
REMOTE, AZ business hours
- Follows a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed planning of steps and resources needed to meet the objective.
- Monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and under budget.
- Manages multiple medium or large complex, capital and non-capital IT projects simultaneously.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Solves conflicts and issues in a timely manner, escalating to manager as appropriate.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget.
- Ensures quality control for all projects.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership.
- Provides leadership to lower level Project Managers.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
- Write and coordinate outside consultant Statement of Works (SOWs).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Operations Research, Public Health Administration, or other related field.
- 7+ years of information systems experience.
- 10+ years project management.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- PMI certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possess thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
- Possess strong and tested project management skills, including risk management.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- A passionate desire to grow, learn and advance.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possess quality presentation skills and experience in presenting complex plans and designs to executive-level management.