Position: Senior Principal Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Richardson, TX
Hourly Rate: $105.35/hr.
Term: 7 Months Contract
- Manage and lead security projects and/or initiatives.
- Provide technical support for security initiatives involving security infrastructures, frameworks, methodologies, and/or platforms.
- Provide mentorship for other security engineers.
- Educate peers, security personnel, and other security staff about security infrastructures, frameworks, methodologies, and/or platforms.
- A passion for research and uncovering the unknown about cyber security threats and threat actors.
- Provide high-level architectural guidance and assists the team in aligning architecture and engineering to business requirements.
- Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents.
- Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient operations.
- Suggests and develops security measures, practices, and processes to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills; proven collaboration and influencing skills.
- Works across the organization to foster a culture of applying applicable and relevant security design patterns, in accordance with the needs of the company and guides the teams in the organization in anticipation of future use cases.
- Actively works with the security team to set and refine organization-wide security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset across the organization. Drives security awareness and culture across the organization.
- Collaborate with the global security operations teams to provide guidance on incidents escalated to tier 2 or tier 3.
- Take escalations from the global security operations center and treat appropriately
- Establish runbooks
- Participates in the gathering of information security metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Experience leading complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, and negotiating issue resolution.
- Leads incident response across the engineering organization as needed. Uses systematic debugging to diagnose issues across the organization.
- Supervise direct reporting staff by monitoring performance against set goals and objectives
Is it a good fit? (Requirements):
- Understanding of the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) used by threat actors against endpoints
- Experience on security teams supporting large organizations
- Several years of experience with AWS and Azure cloud offerings
- Experience with vendor endpoint security controls
- Experience with network-based endpoint security controls
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Direct experience of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems, enterprise SIEM, and packet capture analysis toolset
- Knowledge of regular expressions and at least one scripting language (PERL, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience with PowerBI Reporting is a plus