Contract Opportunity with 90-Year Old Global Investment Firm
Position: Sr. Principal Cloud Architect
Location: Houston, Texas 77046
Term: 6 months
- Design of a Secure Cloud Foundation, repeatable cloud patterns, templates, and/or accelerators to enable faster business Technology adoption of cloud services.
- Development of process and frameworks to transform traditional services to modern architectures.
- Lead large scale and complex cloud service development programs.
- Consult, Advise and Facilitate the implementation of cloud practices and services.
- Promote, mentor and educate the client community on Cloud Adoption, Operating Guidelines/Principles, and Cloud Services/Solutions.
- Build a strong relationship and rapport with key stakeholders, including business partners, Application leads and other Infrastructure functions (Engineering, Operations, etc.).
- Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
- Ability to engage with technical members from other teams to collaborate on designs and specifications for cross-functional technical solutions.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in Infrastructure and assigned business domain through networking, continuing education and industry/technology publications.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of design, implementation experience with distributed applications or systems architecture.
- Hands on experience and technical knowledge of core services in public cloud, AWS preferred.
- Experience with migrating or building cloud workloads hosted in the public cloud.
- Hands on experience with agile methodologies and tool chains that support CI/CD deployment for automated delivery of Cloud infrastructure and application workload.
- Financial services (FinTech) experience in Asset Management preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate throughout the organization with a variety of individuals at all technical levels.
- Knowledge of mutual fund industry, data and processes.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, establish priorities, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to present technical presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with business analysts and clients to develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent years of direct experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s of Business Administration in a related field is preferred or commensurate relevant work experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!