Job Title: Senior OSP Project Manager
Job Location: New Orleans, LA
U.S. Citizen Preferred
Start Date: 9/28/2020
Term: 6 months/ possibility of extension
Job Description: The Senior OSP Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end projects associated with the group of projects delivering fiber to the neighborhood and the associated subtending network. The Senior OSP Project Manager must have extensive knowledge in managing multiple underground fiber installation projects of various sizes and scopes of work. They will work directly with the client, customers and be involved in all aspects of the project from bidding to billing and completion. The Senior OSP Project Manager coordinates with the engineering firms’ design team and the Engineering Manager to ensure on time scheduling of materials and labor. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, knowledge of the telecom industry, and a strong belief in the Safety culture of their team.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Coordinate with the Engineering & Construction Project Leads for timing, execution, and closeout of individual projects and assure customer satisfaction
- Oversee all bid projects, including P&L responsibility and management of fleet assets dedicated to bid projects.
- Confer with vendor personnel to update project schedules on a weekly basis
- Keep direct contact with projects in progress by visiting project sites.
- Ensure individual project documentation and as-built records reflect all field changes
- Ensure construction quality and testing to meet service requirements
- Ensure compliance with all internal reporting deadlines, weekly revenue and costs reports
- Prepare and submit invoicing on a weekly basis and work to resolve all accounts receivable invoices
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- 10+ years of proven Telecom construction project experience.
- 5+ years working directly as the Project Manager over OSP projects
- 2+ years on projects involving neighborhood specific issues and concerns
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience in schedule management.
- Project and/or customer experience with federal, state, local governments.
- Proven Safety record and documented training and knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Previous work on AT&T OSP projects
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications.
- OSHA 10 Certification.