JOB TITLE: Senior Optical Resident Engineer – Remote (NJ/Philadelphia Area Preferred)
Resident Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from network strategy, design and engineering, implementation and migration planning, service design and proof of concept, implementation, testing, optimization services, customer training and advice and on-site support. The work is on-site with customers.
Resident Engineer will be required to work in a consultative manner with customers, solutions and marketing groups and systems engineering to scope and deliver professional service projects, which includes following responsibilities:
• Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer's services.
• Produce network implementation and migration plans.
• Configure equipment and services.
• Test and support networks in various stages of deployment.
• Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
• Formulate network management strategies.
• Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
• Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
• Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
• Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
• Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical and management teams.
• Occasional maintenance hour work expected in the role to support critical network events.
* 10+ years relevant work experience with a telecom communications equipment vendor or service provider in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting LH/Metro Optical DWDM networks.
* 7+ years’ experience in using optical design tools to generate design packages, managing optical power budgets and in-depth knowledge of different types of amplifiers.
* 7+ years’ experience in using optical network management systems (NFM-T).
* Nokia product knowledge preferred (1830PSS, 1350 OMS/NFM-P, EPT and CPB tools).
* Preference for candidates with practical implementation of GMPLS and CDC technologies in DWDM network.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to end-clients.
- Nokia product knowledge preferred (1830PSS, 1350 OMS, EPT and CPB tools).
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.