MATRIX seeks a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in a 100% Remote role! This is a Contract-to-Perm opportunity with our client, an established leader in the Digital Cloud industry.
You will be responsible for assisting in the design, planning and implementation of network infrastructure projects while helping to ensure these projects come in both on or under budget and on or ahead of schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design or re-engineer the network to create a service delivery platform that is comprised of multiple technology verticals including packetized telephony, wireline data transport, wireless, and Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) technologies
- Execute high-level financial analysis to ensure network design concepts are cost effective in terms of financial guidance provided by Product Development and/or Executive Management
- Analyze vendor offerings and incorporate into network design concepts, if required, execute a complete vendor evaluation for each network component culminating in a vendor recommendation, this includes the creation of a vendor analysis and decision document
- Execute Proof of Concept (POC) tests in the laboratory to validate network design concepts and/or custom software solutions, this includes the creation of a test plan and results document
- Initiate requests for information (RFI) or requests for proposal (RFP) and forward to network component vendor(s) to procure technical information and/or pricing information required for said vendor evaluation or high-level bill-of-materials
- Drive network technology upgrades from concept through implementation
- Provide level 4 technical support for support organizations when the need arises
- Provide technical guidance to the Product Development group regarding the development of product based technology strategies
- Keep abreast of all new technologies
- Develop and hone necessary skills associated with IP networking in order to perform effectively and advance to senior technical levels
- Interact with various inter and intra departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks
- Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets, may work with and take direction from project managers to ensure completion as necessary
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of data network elements such as IP routers, Ethernet switches, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 network technologies
- Knowledge of Layer-2 network technologies including Ethernet WAN, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN), and all common applications
- Knowledge of IP related protocols such as OSPF, BGP-4, and MPLS (MP-BGP/RSVP/LDP)
- Knowledge of F5 LTM, GTM, and Viprion load balancing technologies
- Knowledge of Fortinet Security & SD-WAN technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA security appliances
- Knowledge of Velocloud SD-WAN
- Able to develop network automation tools in Ansible, Python, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Cisco Nexus and 9K platforms
- Knowledge of IP QoS technologies; DiffServ, classification/marking, queuing, and traffic conditioning
- Must possess skills necessary to evaluate IP network components
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times
- Ability to configure and support networking related services within Amazon AWS or Google Cloud
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or applicable experience
- 4+ years’ IP networking experience, 2 of which as an individual contributor within a service provider Network Architecture or Network Engineering group
- Cisco CCIE or Juniper JNCIE certification a plus, but not required.
- Amazon AWS Advanced Networking certification