Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: Middletown, NJ and/or Plano, TX.
Job Duration: 12+ months
The Network Engineer will be responsible for working within a Tier 1 carrier team for providing an operational level of support i.e. recommending, applying, and validating the device configurations across the Cisco and Junos devices (routing and switching) by closing working with the engineering teams. The ideal engineer has a deep background in carrier-grade core networks.
- Review network design and change request documents to identify relevant areas where audits will help operations mitigate risk.
- Review network data schema to identify the variable data used to configure network devices as referenced in the network design/change request documents.
- Create engineering rules/guidelines using network data schema and design/change request documents.
- Maintain golden standard templates for various devices Identify critical configurations that would benefit from a comparison against relevant database
- Assist operations/engineering with troubleshooting data defined validation/engineering rules
- Participate in DevOps design reviews to identify relevant areas where audits can help operations for future updates to the networking platform
- 8+ years of strong experience in network operations, especially experienced with network alarming and discord auditing.
- 5+ years of working experience on Cisco and/or Juniper routers devices
- Strong knowledge of layer 3 protocols including BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Strong knowledge of network data modeling using JSON (MUST) and SQL
- Cisco CCNA is required and CCIE preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree required