Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: US remote
Job Duration: 12+ months
Job Description: The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for working within a Tier 1 carrier Network Engineering and Operations team to upgrade, deploy and migrate their E911 router network. The ideal engineer with have a deep background in carrier grade core networks to include design, deployment and maintenance activities as well as a good understanding of the E911 network.
- Perform network discovery, audits and utilize data to create network router migration/upgrade plans.
- Write the detailed MOPs used to migrate/upgrade the network routers to the new infrastructure.
- Work with team members to deploy the new core network. Document all network changes in the appropriate tools.
- Work with lab teams to test the planned integrations and associated MOPS.
- Interface with internal teams to identify, troubleshoot and correct E911 network issues.
- For in scope production network router upgrades, integrations and migrations, produce tested procedural documentation appropriately detailed for hand-off to Operations
- Serves as subject matter expert in the area of Network Routers (Cisco, Arista)
- Some maintenance window work required
- 6+ years of experience working in IP engineering network design, migrations and management including recent experience with Cisco and/or Arista routers implementations
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing multiprotocol IP routing environments (Including BGP, OSPF)
- Previous Experience working in E911 implementation is a plus
- Cisco CCNA is required and CCIE preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree required