Contract Opportunity with 90-Year Old Global Investment Firm
Position: Big Data Project Manager $136 per hour W-2 only
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Term: 6 months
- Lead an enterprise wide center of excellence for analytics.
- Serve as champion for user adoption of visualization tools.
- Provide governance around platform and usage of analytics tools.
- Provide team oversight for project delivery and work closely with other groups and peers to guide and ensure the successful delivery of client solutions.
- Plan and forecast long term resource demands.
- Recruit, train, develop, supervise, and evaluate staff.
- Partner with functional business areas to identify analytics opportunities and develop strategic roadmaps.
- Create and present accurate estimates of effort, costs and timescales for proposed projects.
- Work with Technology teammates to address testing needs and results, including issue tracking, as well as post-implementation assessments of completed work.
- Ensure all solutions are accompanied by appropriate system documentation that meets internal standards.
- Ensure Technology management and business partners are kept fully up to date on progress.
- Advance issues and remediation steps when needed effectively and in a timely manner.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrable experience in application development and analysis roles of growing responsibility.
- Must have prior experience directing others.
- Minimum 3 years of analytics experience with tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Oracle BI with development and/or environment administration.
- Experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica or Python.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sets both on premises and in the cloud. Examples include MS Sql Server, Oracle, AWS Redshift, AWS Athena, etc.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse design principles and dimensional modeling.
- Confirmed successful track record working in a matrix-managed resource environment.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Services/Asset Management industry and investment process in particular.
- Experience utilizing project management methodologies such as Agile, best practices and processes.
- Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods.
- Must have good organization and planning skills.
- Effective people management skills.
- Must be able to motivate and develop team members.
- Be able to work under pressure and multi-task while remaining professional and courteous
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional ability to analyze requirements / problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions.
- Great teammate with ability to think independently.
- Able to influence and build relationships at all levels of staff and clients.
- Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people’s opinions.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment.
- Ability to handle conflict well.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems Computer Science or commensurate relevant work experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!