Title: Senior Loan Specialist
Location: San Diego, California
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Responsible for ensuring that all residential and commercial real estate loans and are analyzed, underwritten and processed in a timely manner while achieving a high level of client service and maintaining all regulatory requirements. Responsibilities primarily focus on financial analysis, underwriting and relationship management. Individual must have extensive mortgage underwriting experience and a thorough understanding of the loan process from beginning to end.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Senior Loan Specialist:
- Underwrite complex home loans and HELOCs for high net worth borrowers.
- Analyze each loan file, ensuring the Loan Approval Worksheet (LAW form), loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and the company’s loan program criteria and are accurately documented.
- Review loan files within the company’s paperless system for completeness and proper classification/organization and identify missing documentation or potential problems and generate needs lists for clients, Relationship Managers and Client Services Specialist.
- Reviews applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, investor requirements and bank policies are met and upheld
- Communicate with Relationship Managers, and Client Services Specialist on collecting information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages
- Maintains knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains an open line of communication and correspondence between involved parties. This includes and is not limited to Borrower, Escrow, Title, ELC, RM, CS, Processor, Closer, Funder, Appraisal Desk, Rate Lock Desk, Investor Support Desk and third party vendors.
- Manage loans through closing and funding stage. Work with escrow to satisfy all conditions and coordinate closings
- Ability to meet productivity expectations in a fast paced, high volume environment with pipeline and conditions management, while maintaining good quality and client satisfaction results
- Cross trains other team members, when applicable.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained and the highest possible level
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Underwriter Level III preferred
- 5 years’ experience in underwriting and related analysis, including experience with manually underwritten and/or non-conforming loan amounts
- 3-5 years’ experience in loan processing,
- Extensive work experience in residential real estate loan underwriting is required.
- Experience reviewing complex financial documents such as personal and/or business tax returns, K-1 schedules and financial statements
- Knowledge with entity formation docs and trust agreement/certification preferred
- Expert-level knowledge of overall lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities is essential while delivering desired results
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis, tax returns and balance sheet analysis, including cash flow analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Reading, detailed work, confidentiality, problem solving, language, training, math skills, reasoning skills, written communication, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.
- Language, oral communication, customer contact, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Position involves sitting as well as walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now