PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Are you looking for a full-time Senior Linux System Administrator position in the Southeast Valley? Are you looking for a company that gives you the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential? How about a company which incentives their employees with a bonus and stock plan along with benefits that start on day one? Then apply here!
Role: Senior Linux System Administrator
Location: Chandler, AZ
Type: Full-time permanent
Salary: $95,000+ (DOE)
Perks: Bonus & stock plan, full suite of medical benefits that start on day one
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator in Chandler who will be responsible for the Architecture, Implementation and Management of engineering infrastructure across the globe, with a heavy emphasis on the RedHat ecosystem & automation for HPC. This is a Senior Technical level position, so must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision & applies the necessary technical expertise for effective and efficient use while communicating with peers, customers, and leadership
- Extensive experience with the larger RedHat ecosystem, such as RHEV, Satellite Server, IPA, SCL.
- Primarily focus on Design, Automation & Architecting the Global Linux Infrastructure with automation & standardization.
- Manage large & diverse Global Linux environment including support, capacity planning, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring in enterprise level data center.
- Manage the lifecycle of global engineering equipment, from acquisition to decommission, as it relates to the hardware and operating system.
- Manage, configure, and deploy global engineering infrastructure using automation tools with Ansible, Satellite Server (The Foreman) & CFEngine.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages including Python and perl.
- Self-starter, fixes issues when found and takes initiative when weaknesses are identified.
- Approach all tasks with an attitude of automation. Identify and recommend areas of improvement where improvement may be gained.
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels. Involve with on-call support routines.
- Document process and procedure followed in day-to-day operations as well as new implementation.
- Ability to work well with a global team of highly motivated and skilled personnel - interaction and dialog are requisite in this dynamic environment.
- Experience in Design, Architecting and Administering diverse Linux based environments, with heavy focus on RHEL/CentOS ecosystem.
- Minimum 8+ years of Linux/Unix system experience (required).
- Minimum 5+ years experience of HPe hardware management and deployment (required).
- Minimum 5+ years of Experience with scripting languages python and perl (required).
- Minimum 3 years experience with configuration management languages like Ansible, Puppet, Chef (Ansible preferred).
- Minimum 3 years experience with centralized configuration management system (Spacewalk, Satellite, Foreman).
- Compute cluster experience is a nice to have (LSF, Sungrid, RTDA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivelent experience.