Title: Senior Kubernetes Administrator
Location: Annapolis, MD (hybrid)
Term: 6 months contract to hire
We are currently seeking a senior-level Kubernetes Administrator to join our Message Engineering team. The ideal candidate is a team player with a rich and diverse technical background. In addition, this person must be an articulate problem solver who is passionate about standardization, a champion for automation, and is comfortable working in a highly collaborative / fast paced environment.
- The Kubernetes Administrator is responsible for the sustainment and maintenance of our core Kubernetes clusters within a Bare Metal infrastructure to appropriate standards and best practices in a fast-paced work environment.
- Their responsibilities will include administering system-level procedures; patch management; service layer application; deployment creation; redundancy management and certificate management.
- Work with developers to build containerization that promote automated, continuous integration and accelerates delivery of new products and services
- Install upgrades, configure, test and support system software,
- Some on-site duties such as racking devices, cabling and deploying new systems in multiple datacenters. Able to lift 40lbs.
- Perform configurations and adjustments to enhance system performance.
- Perform automated and manual backup and restorative processes.
- Ensure the necessary security procedures are implemented and enforced across their work.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring software patches and assessing their impact to the supported systems and documenting a path forward.
- Ability to support hybrid (part time on site) schedule at Annapolis Office
- U.S. citizenship
- Experience with the Unix and Linux CLI, debugging tools and network stack.
- Working knowledge of core networking, subnetting, Firewalls and routing.
- Proficient in configuration, troubleshooting, installation, operation, maintenance and system administration of Multiple Linux distros such as RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Support and have a strong understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, MetalLB, haproxy, Harbor, Calico and Kubespray
- Ability to create shell programs and utility scripts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and connectivity issues.
- Ability to work independently in an international, cross-functional team environment including occasional off-hours tasks and meetings.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes workload, and successfully handles competing deadlines.
- Ability to support a 24x7 rotating on-call schedule will be required in this position.
- Occasional travel, as needed (<25%)
- 1+ years of experience administering and maintaining Kubernetes bare-metal infrastructure
- Experience working with Configuration Management Systems (git in particular).
- Experience with Truenas and Freenas