Location: Remote then Alpharetta
The Senior Applications Analyst is responsible for applying past experience and industry standards in the planning, organizing and conducting of a Business Needs Assessment, most commonly referred to as Business Requirements, for the development of systems capabilities that are cost effective, creative, and that meet user's needs. This role may engage in the solutioning of complex challenges and may recommend and implement system configurations to accomplish complex project goals. The Senior Applications Analyst plays a durable role throughout the Development Lifecycle that includes gathering and documenting business requirements, creating use case scenarios, modeling business process, and participating in the overall planning that will ensure the system delivered meets the needs of the business.
- Works independently in assisting the business in building upon the project definition, description and vision document, which may include scope, risk, and identification of stakeholders with infrequent oversight
- Plans, coordinates, and creates written documentation that clearly describes the needs of the business, which may include Business Requirements, Business Use Cases, Process Models, Business Needs Analysis, or Conceptual Design Documents.
- Gathers requirements, researches and analyzes existing, and proposed solutions in the development, modification, or enhancement of programs or systems.
- Engages in dependency analysis, functional design, workflow analysis, use case analysis, data and process modeling, and has a clear understanding of the current and future business rules
- Participates in the Testing discipline by partnering with the Test Lead to support including Test Planning, incident research and analysis, Test strategy, QA and user acceptance testing functions, as needed
- Leverages a deep understanding of system behavior and data properties to assist Test Lead in determining efficient and effective approaches to testing broad and/or complex topics
- Works independently to prepare and plan all aspects of the Requirements discipline, including controlling or participating in estimating, feasibility analysis, meeting facilitation, management and executive reporting, change request management, issue tracking, process improvements, and project planning
- Provides support as needed throughout the project lifecycle, participating directly in issue resolution, break and hot fix support, and triage in the identification and resolution of all project incidents, documentation maintenance and traceability as related to the Requirements discipline
- Stays current with customer needs and strategies; utilizes formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitates meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that meet business goals
- Analyzes current processes and identifies existing or potential problems in order to discover new process improvement opportunities
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Experience in business analysis in a technical environment, supporting large teams of business, IT staff, and executive management
- Experience with both process and data-driven structured analysis techniques
- Knowledge of contact center operations and technologies preferred -IVR knowledge must -Telephony and multi channel capabilities knowledge preferred
- Document requirements (VUIs and call flows). Collaborate with developers to clearly define and document full systems requirements; identify all impacted systems
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and out of the box solutions. Collaborate with business partners to manage testing support; develop comprehensive test plans / use cases / scenarios, define expected testing results, analyze and triage defects reported
- Troubleshoot issues based upon the customer experience, perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action, and lead the resolution efforts
- Collaborate with business and technical resources to make recommendations to improve the overall IVR customer experience; with a focus on consistency and ease of navigation
- ability to write and execute basic SQL queries and reports
- Experience with AGILE, JIRA, and Confluence preferred -Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) -Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail, along with the drive for excellence
- Excellent communication, influence, presentation, team and interpersonal skills. Able to present goals, project scope, and requirements to any level in the organization.
- Champion of change, process and best practices to both the business and technical team members
- Ability to train, lead and mentor others by lending subject matter expertise and knowledge
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with project management skills
- Strong data interpretation skills to form actionable suggestions to support business requirements
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and demonstrates creative thinking to provide innovative solutions and recommend system and process enhancements.
- Strong decision-making skills and process management to ensure stakeholders understand all the conditions, environment, and measures in which the decision will be made.
- Ability to perform evaluation of historical trends to provide predictive insights
- Ability to offer solutions to resolve risks, conflicts, and assumptions.
- Ability to summarize requirements and connect requirements to business goals while anticipating impact on target as well as related systems.
- Strong research skills/ability to get an overview and dive into details independently.