Long term contract Opportunity!
Title: Senior IT Systems Engineering Advisor
Location: Worthington, OH 43085-2271
Term: 7 Months Contract
· Design and implement enterprise technology solutions for the organization.
· Maintain operations and build efficiencies in the technology of assigned spheres of influence.
· Research and resolve escalated issues from global IT colleagues.
· Design, implement and maintain systems lifecycle management, security, resiliency and performance of production and non-production environments with no management supervision.
· Initiate and drive lifecycle management and capacity planning for infrastructure across the entire organization.
· Drive architectural improvements and standardization for the IT environment including choice of networking infrastructure, hardware, monitoring software and associated application infrastructure with no management supervision.
· Provide 3rd tier on-site and/or remote technical support as necessary.
· Seek out and remediate security vulnerabilities.
· Provide 3rd tier remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, and Hyper-V.
· Design disaster recovery solutions and leads planning and testing activities.
· Review and approve vendor invoices for manager.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Support the organization's quality program(s).
· Travel as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or related technology field from an accredited college or university preferred. Related technical institute certification preferred.
· 8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include 4 years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining technology infrastructure. Configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments. Managing and monitoring Exchange Server 2003-2016, Windows Server 2003-2016, and MSCE Server infrastructure.
· Thorough knowledge of cloud-based application knowledge, preferably Azure.
· Strong knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g., Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix SQL, and Terminal Services).
· Strong knowledge of VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Palo Alto, OpenVPN, IPsec).
· In-depth knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and/or other security related technologies.
· In-depth knowledge of networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products.
· Analytical and interpretive skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
· Work Environment: When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
· Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
· Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required.
· Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!