Large Houston based oil and gas company is hiring a Senior IT Office 365 Specialist for a 12 months+ contract opportunity. This is not a remote position, as you will work daily at the corporate HQ location near downtown Houston. The hiring manager will interview, hire, and start this Sr. IT Office 365 Specialist as soon as possible.
In this role, you will be a member of the O365 Center of Excellence team providing primary support, administration, and maintenance to the company’s messaging environment. In addition, you will provide secondary support to other approved MSFT O365 offerings. Furthermore, in this position, you will partner with internal clients and teams to provide innovative solutions by leveraging automation and cloud technologies.
In this role as the Sr. IT Office 365 Specialist, you will engage in the following duties:
- Provide end-to-end root cause analysis and assistance for issues related to Exchange and Office 365.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Automate Exchange and O365 tasks.
- Serve as the System Administrator and Subject Matter Expert for Email Services (Exchange Online) and Office Applications (Office 365) and one drive.
- Working knowledge of Exchange on premise and SharePoint.
- Must be able to manage the entire array of Office 365 products, including Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype, Teams, Yammer, Planner, Groups and anything else that emerges.
- Must have a working knowledge of O365 security and compliance features including mailbox searches, legal hold, retention policies, message trace and other eDiscovery tools.
- Must have the ability to train and educate end-users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, and Outlook etc.)
- Will partner with business units to evaluate and drive adoption of new capabilities for Office 365 and related tools, services and systems.
- Will maintain consistent, quality documentation to meet ongoing operations and business continuity requirements. Documentation will include system topologies, operating instructions and disaster recovery procedures for new and changed infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience using PowerShell, Python, Perl or other scripting languages to automate and orchestrate technical activities.
- 3+ years of experience designing, documenting and developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines for complex applications.
Microsoft Azure / Intune:
- Experience working with EMS (Enterprise Mobility Suite), including enrollment of devices in Intune, setting up profile, certificate management and App deployment.
- Knowledge of Intune app protection policies independent of mobile-device management (MDM) solution.
- Working knowledge of Azure features and functionalities including SSO, App registration, Conditional Access, Group based licensing etc.
- Understanding of SAML authentication for SSO.
- Working knowledge of Azure AD for Office 365 Identity, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS/WAP), Directory Synchronization (AADC/DirSync.
- At least ten (10) years performing duties similar to those listed in the responsibilities section above.
- Experience working in an oil and gas setting is preferred.
- Effectively work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate’s degree in IT related field or relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 preferred.