SR. IT MANAGER MORTGAGE DIVISION
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing the functional activities of assigned staff including technical analysis, design & development, including full SDLC requirements, Primary technical representative during product evaluations and vendor selection. Provides management with direction and leadership in technical areas. Provides advice and counsel to management concerning the application of computing techniques to business problems. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of high complexity, pace and impact.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs daily activities of assigned staff and determine standard productivity levels to meet group needs.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules releases, patches and monthly productivity in all environments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Analyzes management needs regarding information retrieval, data control and use of computing and data processing resource and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and recommends/evaluates technologies.
- Directs and/or assists in the continuing review of present systems and methods, and the formulation of new and revised systems, examining techniques in use and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency.
- Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing staff and groups across the technology organization.
- Assists in the development of cost and time estimates for capital budgeting plan and operational budget plan for the area.
- Develop and maintain technology vendor relationships and ensure vendor SLA’s are appropriately managed and met.
- Works closely with business executives to plan and prioritize mortgage banking technology initiatives for both strategic and run the bank type activities
Other Job Duties
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- May conduct vendor negotiations and develop contract proposals.
- Manages employees directly, through subordinates and occasionally other managers.
- Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, assesses annual performance and recommends individual merit and promotional increases.
- Maintains professional contacts with other companies, research bodies and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead development and technical analyst teams in one department.
- Experience with a heavily integrated environment with multiple internal and externally hosted platforms
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires knowledge in Quality Assurance management to ensure quality output.
- Mortgage lending experience preferred.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience