Job Title: Senior IP Network Engineer
Job Location: Middletown, New Jersey
Job Description: Looking for senior level Engineers who have demonstrated the ability to work with the newest and most cutting-edge carrier grade network equipment on the market. The consultants will provide industry expertise to a Tier 1 provider Labs organization, working to define the future of telecommunications networks.
- Define and run tests covering appropriate test cases for the assigned call/signaling flows and/or network elements and associated business service features/enhancements.
- Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Aid in the development of progress reports
- Open appropriate defect tickets with all necessary descriptive information in the appropriate defect tracking system(s)
- For in scope production network upgrades, produce tested procedural documentation appropriately detailed for hand-off to Operations
- Serves as subject matter expert in the area of IP Network Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 4-6 years of experience working in IP engineering network design and management including recent experience with Cisco and Juniper specific implementations
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- Juniper Skills and/or previous work in an SDN a real plus.
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know IP routing in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies
- Cisco or Juniper certifications required
- For Cisco candidates a minimum CCNA is required and CCIE preferred
Working for MATRIX Telecom Professional Services
For over 10 years, our Telecom Professional Services Group has worked deeply aligned with tier 1 carriers, services and solutions providers in the industry to delivery best of bread IT staffing and leading edge services offerings across the industry.
When you work for MATRIX, you get top-notch consultant care, competitive healthcare benefits, 401(k) options, excellent training, and a readily available support team. Our long client list ranges from startup to Fortune 50 companies with every type of working environment you might be looking for. Since 1983, we have matched thousands of professionals with jobs to advance their careers. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year.