Job Title: Senior IP Network Engineer
Job Location: Middletown, New Jersey (Currently Remote)
Job Description: Looking for senior level Engineers who have demonstrated the ability to work with the newest and most cutting-edge carrier grade network equipment on the market. The consultants will provide industry expertise to a Tier 1 provider Labs organization, working to define the future of telecommunications networks.
- Define and run tests covering appropriate test cases for the assigned call/signaling flows and/or network elements and associated business service features/enhancements.
- Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Aid in the development of progress reports
- Open appropriate defect tickets with all necessary descriptive information in the appropriate defect tracking system(s)
- For in scope production network upgrades, produce tested procedural documentation appropriately detailed for hand-off to Operations
- Serves as subject matter expert in the area of IP Network Engineering
- 8+ years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 6+ years of experience working in IP engineering network design and management including recent experience with Cisco and Juniper specific implementations
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- Previous Experience working in a carrier grade labs environment
- Juniper Skills and/or previous work in an SDN a real plus.
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know IP routing in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies
- Cisco or Juniper certifications required
- For Cisco candidates a minimum CCNA is required and CCIE preferred