Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer- Ansible to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer- Ansible
Location: This position will be work from home until October 2021. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; you may work remotely.
Term: 6 months, contract to hire
Responsible for the engineering of various aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures which might include network, compute, storage, platform, middleware and telephony. Leads the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design data center infrastructure, networking and telephony systems while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. Develops and maintains technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with services partners as needed. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. Partner and consult with varied technical and management staff to identify and plan access data center and cloud infrastructure designs, physical data center requirements and impacts and resolve design problems.
- Owns the planning and development of engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
- Maintains technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Defines hardware and software performance standards.
- Proactively provides information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
- Leads the detailed infrastructure design of large and complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Provides operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provides detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
- Collaborates with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Ansible 2.9+ /Tower (3.7)
- Integration -
- Large enterprise runtime environment
- Hands on with ansible versions 2.9.0 and ansible collections
- Writing playbooks in yaml
- Vars files
- RHEL7 or 8
- Loop or with_items
- Catalog items
- Dynamic inventories
- Json parsing
- Jinja2 templates
- Uri module for APIs
- Update sets
- API queries
- Windows admin
- Remote execution
- Iterate through collections
- Test conditionals
- .Net classes
- Database cmdlets
- API invocation