Basics: We are seeking an experienced system engineering generalist that has demonstrated the ability to lead technical initiatives and support the maintenance and growth of key company identity systems.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Rate: $90k+, DOE
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, and execute with minimal supervision.
- Proactively reduce technical debt and solve challenging technical problems.
- Participate in the process activities currently followed by the team.
- Advocate for and apply best practices, and reinforce processes.
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field AND ten (10) years of related experience in the area(s) of technical architecture, network management, information analysis, database management in a mission critical multi-tiered environment, leading a team OR twelve (12) years of recent relevant experience OR any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with systems engineering and/or building/designing systems in the public cloud
- Experience mapping compliance requirements and maintaining adherence to CIS Controls, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, ISO 27000 series, and regulations such as FERPA, HIPAA, and PCI DSS
- Solid understanding of IAM concepts, including but not limited to provisioning, ABAC, RBAC, SCIM, and governance and authorization standards
- Experience with LDAP and Virtual Directories
- Experience with ETL frameworks
- Experience with authorization protocols like XACML and UMA
- Experience with Privileged Access Management
- Experience with Kerberos, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Experience with federated identity platforms/products
- Experience/familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience/familiarity with software unit and integration testing
- Demonstrable talent producing infrastructure and software/systems architecture diagrams
- Knowledge/practice/training in secure development practices
- Excellent communication, and logic and reasoning abilities
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, and multi-tasking
- Desire to take on a personnel leadership role
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs