Our client is seeking a Senior Front End Developer for a direct hire and remote position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interface with other departments within the company on system enhancements and modifications, problem resolution and special requests.
- Maintains strong focus on customer service to all clients and assists with mentoring and training of junior members.
- Code, test and debug application systems while maintaining source code control system and application software versioning.
- Evaluate business processes, make recommendations, and implement systems design enhancements/changes.
- Implement systems and enhancements in accordance with current production change control guidelines and standards.
- Document and define requirements for development and enhancement projects; and processes and procedures in the Applications Development area.
- Develop software features per requirements and specifications using technologies such as Angular and Typescript.
- Design and develop application architectures drawing from a deep understanding of languages, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience building enterprise quality market facing products with professional user interfaces.
- Develop task plans and development schedules for achieving project objectives and deliverables.
- Adheres to Firm processes for change and configuration management, contributing to ongoing maintenance of audits and other security/compliance initiatives.
- Works with external vendors when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent related work experience.
- Six or more years of practical applications development experience in a programmer or analyst capacity.
- Frameworks: Angular, Node/NPM ecosystem, .NET experience is a plus.
- Extensive front end experience and knowledge of multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code, Sublime, or like IDE/editors.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may assign tasks to junior team members at Manager’s discretion.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the firm as well as interaction with external vendors and clients as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 10%.