Position: Senior ERP Architect/DBA
Location: Lexington, NC
Our client, a national provider of communication solutions for telecommunications carriers and utilities are seeking a Senior ERP Architect/DBA provides leadership in the development or acquisitions of application software. The position consults with application developers on the techniques and methods used in developing and maintaining application software. Additionally, the position designs, implements, and supports database facilities used for data warehousing (currently an in-house developed system named DREAM) and ERP systems (Currently PeopleSoft).
Duties and Responsibilities:
As ERP Architect:
- Consult with developers, providing guidance to be sure that applications meet or exceed the needs of the business.
- Create program narrative, basic flow and table structures to support the application.
- Provide for the entire flow from data capture to decision support.
- Build back end Oracle packages, procedures, functions or triggers to support the application.
- Create conversion programming and migration of Oracle programs.
- Provide support for application enhancements, service registries or production issues once the application is live.
- Work together with business analyst and systems administrators to ensure applications software provides the business with reliable and efficient means to enter and track information essential to acquiring and maintaining business.
- Meet with Business Analysts, Systems Administrators and Web Developers to discuss and advise concerning new application development.
- Meet with all involved IT and business parties, as needed, for Q&A.
- Provide support for Business Analysts and Web Developers through Oracle tuning, coding of SQL statements and advice for best practices.
- Develop, modify and support ERP applications (currently PeopleSoft). This involves primary Application Engine, SQR, Cobol, Query, and PeopleCode.
- Develop, maintain and support client production Oracle applications including, but not limited to, the following:
- Account Control with commission detail
- Achievement Compensation (Incentives)
- Audit Facility
- Avalara Sales Tax interface
- Backorder Fulfillment
- Customer Activity (CAT)
- Customer Maintenance
- DREAM (In-house developed Datawarehouse)
- Inventory Movement/Obsolescence
- Manage External Tables
- Market Price including Price Model and Price Book
- OEM Project Registration
- Opportunity Pipeline
- Order Fees
- Product Kit Costs Maintenance
- Product Search (now part of Infrastructure Team)
- Product Updates
- Replenishment including inventory hold management
- Shipping and Handling Estimates
- Strategic Cost Deviations
- Suggested Selling (Related Products)
- User Portal Package
- Translate process models from business analyst into data models used for data warehousing and reporting.
- Meet with business analysts and web developers as new applications are considered to ensure that data captured in the applications will conform with decision support conventions.
- Provide table structures required for the applications
- Create facilities that move data from the production system to the data warehouse in order to provide timely, accurate reporting.
- Create snapshots and associated logs to capture and replicate production data to the data warehouse.
- Build Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) facilities required to push snapshot data into the data warehouse in order to facilitate timely, efficient decision support with minimal impact to production system performance.
- Construct Oracle views as needed and incorporate into ETL.
- Monitor database logs to ensure an efficient and accurate transfer of data to support reporting.
- Manage triggers that are created from the ETL facility
- Create functions as needed to enhance ETL capability
- Build and maintain DREAM view interface to facts and dimensions. These views are essential to SQL generation by the DREAM package.
- Build and maintain DREAM view functions and system derived functions used by DREAM for special functionality.
- Create sample reports and DREAM report packages to illustrate capabilities and give users a head start on report building.
- 7 plus years of oracle database, ERP applications systems, (currently Peoplesoft) and web development languages
- Ability to translate business requirements into efficient database and application systems
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing; track, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously, gather and organize data into efficient reporting tools.
- Knowledge of software tools required in the position.
- Financial acumen.