PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Are you looking for a full-time Senior Enterprise Storage & Data Center Engineer role? Are you looking for a company that gives you the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential? How about a company which incentives their employees with a bonus and stock plan and benefits that start on Day 1? Then apply here!!
Role: Senior Enterprise Storage & Data Center Engineer
Location: Chandler, AZ 85224
Our client is looking for a Senior Enterprise Storage & Data Center Engineer who must be a seasoned Enterprise Data Storage & Backup Architect/Engineer with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of enterprise storage technologies, specifically NetApp. Responsible for global IT enterprise Data Storage & Backup Solutions including Infrastructure Design, Architecture & Strategy, Data Center support and projects in a 7/24 multi-site environment.
This role requires a previous Storage technical background, coupled with extensive experience of working with the demands of a large enterprise. Also, assist with Storage systems management, upgrades and migrations utilizing SAN & NAS technologies with NetApp, PureStorage, Veeam, NetBackup & Brocade switches. Capable of working with minimal supervision & applies the necessary technical expertise for efficient storage and backup system management while communicating with peers, customers and leadership.
- Lead/Assist with the Architecture, Design, Implementation, Migration and day-to-day Support of all Storage & Backup technologies.
- Extensive technical expertise with enterprise level NetApp Storage environment, monitoring, networking, configuration, capacity management & performance optimization.
- Support Business & Database applications and Server Infrastructure including HP ServiceGuard Linux HA & disaster recovery.
- Assist with the Architecture of all Storage Systems in the upgrade and transformation of current legacy Storage Systems.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of storage & Backup technologies with a strong focus on NetApp Storage Solutions as well as working knowledge of Backup, Virtualization, Networking, and Server Solutions.
- Responsibility encompasses the technical streams of Archive solutions, Data Protection & Disaster Recovery Solutions with disk, tape, and associated systems management technologies. This also includes the restoration of service and identification of the root cause of any problems within the environment.
- Maximizes storage systems utilization & performance with storage efficiency technologies, provisioning/re-claiming, deploying new storage systems, adding/removing disk shelves, schedule & perform CDOT/ONTAP/firmware upgrades, troubleshooting SAN/NAS/performance issues/outages, connectivity problems, and assessing storage needs.
- Configuration, administration of data backup, disaster recovery and replication technologies.
- Provide day-to-day operational/technical support, research new technologies, develop/guide insightful strategies, performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance & responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices.
- Provide pro-active day-to-day operational support to ensure issues are prevented where possible and resolved according to business impact and established service level agreements.
- Work with the incident and problem management on root causes and proactive avoidance of future incidents.
- Work with vendors where necessary to maintain software and hardware to keep within supported versions. Physical ability to rack/stack hardware.
- Directs & coordinates the work assigned with global teams & possess excellent communication & problem-solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education
- Minimum 5+ years enterprise storage and backup experience (required).
- Strong understanding of storage and backup systems architecture and design, including administration of enterprise SAN/NAS and storage switches, NetBackup and tape library management, disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.
- Strong experience with NetApp CDOT, 7-MODE, Snap management suite, backup, recovery, DR & replication technologies is a must.
- Experience with Virtualization, VMWare, Windows Server, Networking & Linux is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to manage own workload and balance conflicting priorities.
- On-call rotation & travel if required based on business requirements.
- Must be able to work & communicate with internal teams, clients & remote site resources by following best practices.