Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: CMS Product Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA, Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Term: Contract role (long-term)
- Working with the authoring community to come up with new features and UI improvements to the CMS product to increase authoring usability and efficiency
- Performing User Acceptance Testing and working with our Authoring Teams to ensure they are trained on how to use the new features properly and are aware of all the capabilities and enhancements that are implemented.
- Working independently to problem solve and act as the face and voice of the team in various level project meetings.
- Working collaboratively to solution, devise strategy for, and communicate solutions for issues related to Content Management and its’ implementation.
- Learning the content management system implementation and how it supports the various web properties to deliver good customer experiences on traditional desktop, mobile and in-language sites.
- Using a combination of your newfound knowledge and existing collaboration skills to interact with Visual Designers, Interaction Designers, Marketing Managers, Project Managers, Content Authors, Developers, Product Managers and other Digital Consultants to ensure multiple successful product launches for content management system.
- Previous experience with Content Management Systems Example: SDL Tridion, Adobe Experience Manager, Oracle CX, etc
- Strong technical background, esp. around services, public APIs, and front-end frameworks.
- Love for design and user interfaces.
- 3+ years working in a Business Analysis, Digital Consultant or Product Management role on software and/or consumer-facing websites.
- An understanding of how websites work, including basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JSON and site structure.
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues on your own.
- Strong ability to be self-aware and quickly acknowledge what you know and what you know you don’t know.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead meetings.
- Love for consumer-facing Internet, tablet and mobile applications and products.
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams
- Experience with Content As A Service & Content APIs
- Bachelors in Computer Science