Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Join the team at this global payment solutions provider to help people and businesses conduct safe and secure electronic transactions with trust and convenience.
Position: Senior Android Developer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Term: 12 months or possible contract to hire
* Collaborate within multi-discipline engineering teams to design scalable and efficient solutions that improve the modern Point of Sale experience for both Merchants and Consumers.
* Work with product owners and stakeholders to implement business requirements.
* Maintain high standards for code performance and quality under strict deadlines.
* Candidates should be able to provide a portfolio of native Android applications which they have built themselves and/or contributed to significantly.
* 4+ years of Android development.
* Excellent written/verbal skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Proficient with Java and the Android SDK.
* Proficient with gradle (Groovy).
* Proficient with Android Studio.
* Proficient with Git
* Knowledge of MVVM design patterns.
* Proficient with modern testing tools and frameworks.
* Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts
* Experience consuming Web APIs (REST & SOAP).
* Experience guiding and leading small team of junior to mid-level developers.
* Familiar with secure coding practices.
Bonuses, But Not Required:
* Proficiency with Kotlin a plus, but not required.
* Contributions to Open Source projects
* Experience with Payment technologies
* Experience integrating with peripheral devices such as card readers, payment terminals, secondary displays, etc...
* Experience using Android JetPack Components (Room, LiveData, ViewModel, Nav Components)