We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity!
- Design and develop cloud-native Java applications, features, and enhancements with an emphasis on clean, highly efficient, supportable, and well documented code for the full technological stack
- Contribute to agile development teams following 12 Factor application development principles and secure coding practices
- Collaborate with solution architect and business area to analyze technical information and produce quality software
We are looking for someone with work experience which includes:
- 7 or more years of Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting, and deployment experience
- Knowledge of full stack Cloud-native development, RESTful APIs and serverless microservices with Spring Boot
- Knowledge of design and build tools supporting APIs (Swagger, SwaggerHub, yaml)
- Java 8, JEE, Spring 4.3, REST, JUNIT, REST Assured, Angular, React, jQuery, HTML 5, Ajax
- Knowledge and experience with JBOSS and WebSphere
- Very good understanding of DevOps principles including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices using Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, Github, SonarQube, Ansible
- Proficient in XML (XSLT, XPath, XSD), web services (SOAP, REST), Apigee
- Knowledge and/or experience with messaging solutions such as ActiveMQ or Kafka
- Experience with cloud technologies including containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS
- Good knowledge of working in Linux and navigating around a Linux system
- Thorough understanding of containerizations, pattern and anti-patterns, awareness of cloud native application pattern
- Experience with iterative and agile development with frequent releases, familiar with the Agile Manifesto, aware of all Agile ceremonies
- Experience with AWS services including ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS and setting up DevOps pipelines with Tekton/Code Build.
- Knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development with a testing framework.
If this sounds like you, please apply to MATRIX today!