Large Oil and Gas company in Houston is seeking a Senior Desktop Support Specialist for a 12 months+ contract, working onsite at their large Houston facility. As the IT Project / Senior Desktop Support Specialist, you will work with the Project Team to manage delivery of the Project and provide frontline IT technician services to the project team. This is a client-facing role, where you will be responsible for the end-user delivery components of a large systems infrastructure project.
- Collaborate with Managed Workstation team to re-build W10 image and GPO, ensuring functionality of the environment and deploying to workstations.
- Work with IT Technical lead to identify target user list then develop migration strategy.
- Configure and deploy up to 700 new laptops to end users.
- Ensure application delivery and functionality after the system upgrade.
- Develop QRG’s and training materials for new hardware, in partnership with IT Service Desk.
- Work with IT Project team to identify and deploy end user peripherals for target users.
- Provide Workstation Support for Windows 10, iOS
- Diagnose problems with software configurations and Network (LAN) connectivity issues.
- Work with other IT Support Teams to coordinate resolution of Service Requests
- Configure & Deploy Mobile Devices including iOS and BYOD platforms
- Work with Hardware/Software vendors to facilitate warranty work on company owned equipment
- Work with End User Support team to provide support before, during and after the project.
- 2+ Years’ experience in client facing IT Support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
- Awareness of IT Service Delivery methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, client relationship skills, detail-oriented
- Demonstrable experience with hardware migrations at Enterprise level
- Working knowledge of Group Policy
- SCCM/MECM experience preferred
- College degree preferred