Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Database Administrator
Location: Phoenix, AZ - Remote with some onsite required
Term: 7 months, contract to hire
The Sr Database Administrator performs administration duties for database infrastructure supporting enterprise business applications. This will include design, development, implementation, documentation, and optimization of an assortment of solutions primarily within the Microsoft suite of technologies. The Sr Database Administrator will also be working on system migrations and ETL processes that move data between our systems and our partners.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining instances of SQL Server. Areas of focus would be on performance tuning servers/databases, enterprise database security, backups/restores, disaster recovery and testing of them, automation of alerts and standard maintenance tasks.
- Identifies areas that require performance tuning within databases and coordinate with partners to recommend and implement changes. Tuning should occur on both the server/database configuration level as well as code level recommendations such as stored procedures, indexes and views.
- Documents current database environment including servers, licensing, security, capacity planning, backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of database technology.
Additional Job Details:
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience installing, patching and upgrading SQL Server databases
- Experience with high availability technologies such as log shipping, mirroring, clustering and AlwaysOn
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The concepts of normalization and referential integrity
- Writing automation scripts, functions and packages for administration and application support
- The basic indexing concepts, such as the difference between clustered/non-clustered
- Written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowing the difference between DML and DDL
- Knowing what a query plan is and how to review one
- Knowing the purpose of primary, foreign, and unique keys
- Installing, configuring SQL Server services: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Creating cubes, packages and reports using the above technologies
- Solve complex system and database environment issues
- Five (5) years of experience in database design, development, maintenance, administration and support which includes experience working as a SQL Server DBA.
- Experience working with SQL Server versions 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019 in an administrator role
- Eight (8) years combined education and experience Installing, configuring SQL Server services: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS IS A MUST
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field