As an experienced data analytic scientist, will be responsible for coordinating specific phases of data analytics (extraction, analysis, manipulation, synthesis, summary, validation, testing, and maintenance) with the objective of creating and building predictive models and algorithms for clinical and operational initiatives as identified.
1. Participates in project preparation, exploring the scope, depth, and challenges of new projects, and formulating strategies and action plans.
2. Responsible for leading efforts in dissecting, designing, analyzing, developing, summarizing, and presenting predictive modeling, machine learning, and other advanced analytics solutions to key stakeholders. Works independently or with a team to transfer R&D results and outcomes to software development.
3. Responsible for data scoping, exploration, identification, extraction, cleaning, applying logics or other manipulation process, verifying data elements and constructing the database that is relevant of individual project.
4. Provides consultation and supervision for technology transfer to ensure applications operate according to the appropriate analytical framework. Performs complex data analysis to identify patterns, correlations, trends and anomalies in order to obtain insights into historical and future performance.
5. Takes initiatives to conduct in-depth assessment and selection of most appropriate methodologies for the project given its complexity, scope, and data structure for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling.
6. Responsible for tracking project-specific issues from initiation through release. Independently identifies & troubleshoots problems encountered during the process. Responsible for preparation of data files and statistical reports for project release. Identifies systematic problems with data and software.
7. Participates in formulating data/analytics core-related strategies, action plans, steps and training/development plans. Engages in or assists in grant applications, and preparation of presentations and publications.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in analysis of business related data and information systems.
- Must have research and development experience on predictive modeling, data mining and management, and other advanced analytics in the development of business intelligence and technology transfer.
- Must have experience developing data mining solutions using various statistical software packages (Ex: R, Python, etc.)
- Prefer experience working with healthcare organizations and healthcare applications.
- Prefer experience working within a complex, academic healthcare organization.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Informatics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or a related field.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of statistical methods, concepts, practices, procedures, and their application.
- Must have a strong understanding of healthcare inpatient and outpatient operations and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive level of knowledge with regard to healthcare software design and development.
- Must be able to demonstrate expert level critical thinking skills to solve challenging advanced analytics problems and provide solid solutions.
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of :
- IS operational policies, procedures, and standards
- Application features and their integration capabilities
- Business process analysis and redesign, including benefits engineering
- Statistical methods, concepts, practices, and procedures used for health outcome research
- High deduction skills – must be able to use fundamental analysis and reasonable judgments to deduce answers for complex issues.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
- Must have demonstrated experience and strong commitment to benefits engineering and performance metrics.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must understand and engage audience to achieve the best results.
- Must be flexible and be able to prioritize and reprioritize projects in line with leaders to meet deadline and deliverables.
- Must demonstrate exceptional abilities for high level comprehension of projects and environment as well as remain extremely detail oriented for tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be independent and reliable with the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Must have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data management, and statistical analysis software.
- Must demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience using different software including STATA, SPSS, SAS, Python, and others performing data cleaning, manipulation, processing, management, and statistical analysis.