Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Contract (12 months +)
This position focuses on the development and delivery of data warehousing and business intelligence solutions including: cubes, dashboards, scorecards, reports, user interfaces, and associated data structures using Microsoft applications and tools. The Business Intelligence Developer interfaces with stakeholders to understand their needs and then translates them into solutions which deliver business value.
This is an excellent long term contract opportunity with extremely strong compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop reports and dashboards using reporting services (SSRS), Tableau, OLAP cubes (SSAS) and relational databases
- Multidisciplinary work supporting data pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services
- Design and develop data movements using Snowflake capabilities like Snow SQL, Tasks, Streams, Time travel, Data sharing and stored procedures
- Follow data standards, resolve data issues, complete unit testing and system documentation for ETL processes
- Collaborate with IT operations and testing organizations to ensure timely releases of projects and make sure database environments are sustainable, code migrations to production.
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports as requested and provide on-going analytical support for these requests
- Collaborate with business analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements
- Use business user requirements to improve functionality (speed, performance / usability).
- Use Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Snowflake and related technologies to store, curate, process and publish datasets for consumption by downstream business users and applications
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc.
- Create solutions utilizing industry standard dimensional models and data architecture to support business users that include data scientists, analysts and non-technical functional users
- Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision
- Follow coding best practices-Unit testing, design/code reviews, documentation etc.
- Requires 10+years of progressive experience in developing and supporting data and reporting projects.
- Requires 7+ years of in-depth experience using ETL tools like SSIS, SnowSQL, Informatica and BI tools including SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Advance knowledge of performance tuning related to ETL Development.
- ETL, ELT, Reporting and Dimensional modeling experience is mandatory.
- Experience on modern data platforms (preferred).
- Requires 2+ years of using Snowflake capabilities like Snow SQL, Tasks, Streams, Time travel, Data sharing and stored procedures (preferred).
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languages such as Java or Python (preferred).
- Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration (preferred).
- Experience with Reporting and Dashboards including BI data modeling and architecture in financial services industry (preferred).
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.