Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Data Architect
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Term: 3 months
- Senior Data Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions within Analytics and Big Data Management software and hardware to meet request of the business.
- Ideal person should be able to create data solutions leveraging Data Lake, MDM and DW technologies.
- Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or infrastructure sub-domain, ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Responsible for overseeing medium to high architectural impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for high level projects, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams and directing implementation of the architecture.
- Supports implementation of primarily complex projects/initiatives that have Enterprise Scope or impact.
- Leads efforts in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy.
- Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas.
- Applies knowledge of Architecture frameworks.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Knowledge of industry wide used Business Intelligence Software and Data Integration Management technologies are required.
- At least 20 years of IT experience demonstrating a progressive career in data architecture roles.
- Experience with MDM solution like Informatica MDM or Oracle MDM or others.
- Experience with multi-discipline data design, relational, NoSQL & Document Style.
- Experience with data replication technology & change data capture leveraging streaming.
- Experience designing data solutions for resiliency & availability.
- Experience with data reporting & analytics tools such as Oracle BI or Micro strategy is a plus.
- Experience on data profiling and discovery, business and technical metadata management, master data processing - canonical vocabulary mapping, de-duping, and identity resolution.
- Ensure quality, security, and compliance requirements in all data related initiatives.
- Financial industry background & experience
- Proven record of accomplishment of success in implementations with Master Data Management, Data Lake, and Business Intelligence and DW architecture.
- Develops and implements business intelligence solutions for accessing and analyzing data and Meta data.
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, ODS architectures, Identity resolution, taxonomies, namespaces, semantics.
- Experience with Big Data/NoSQL databases and frameworks experience working with Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra, HBASE, Kafka, MapRDB, Spark, MapR stream.
- Good understanding of ontology/taxonomy-based systems including RDF, OWL and industry-based semantics models (Knowledge graph/freebase related technologies Ontology/RDF/OWL data distribution, query federation)
- Experience with data integration, federation and distribution technologies (ETL, events, messaging & API’s).
- Expertise in data modeling in star, snowflake and other dimensional modeling
- Experience in architecting and developing Database solutions in both OLAP and OLTP technologies.
- Excellent Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format, knowledge sharing.
- Experience using modeling tools such CA Erwin, Enterprise Architect, and visualization tools such as Lucidchart or OmniGraffle.
- Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields.
- Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool and represent an idea to promote it
- Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts.
- Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused ex. deliver frameworks instead of point solutions.
- Passion: A need to be "passionate" about producing exceptional solutions in a collaborative environment (e.g., agile methodology preferred). Must always be curious and excited to try new technologies.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.