- Function: Data Analytics / BI Development
- Job Ref: 217274
As an experienced data analytic scientist, will be responsible for coordinating specific phases of data
analytics (extraction, analysis, manipulation, synthesis, summary, validation, testing, and maintenance)
with the objective of creating and building predictive models and algorithms for clinical and operational
initiatives as identified.
1. Participates in project preparation, exploring the scope, depth, and challenges of new projects, and
formulating strategies and action plans.
2. Responsible for leading efforts in dissecting, designing, analyzing, developing, summarizing, and
presenting predictive modeling, machine learning, and other advanced analytics solutions to key
stakeholders. Works independently or with a team to transfer R&D results and outcomes to software
3. Responsible for data scoping, exploration, identification, extraction, cleaning, applying logics or other
manipulation process, verifying data elements and constructing the database that is relevant of
4. Provides consultation and supervision for technology transfer to ensure applications operate
according to the appropriate analytical framework. Performs complex data analysis to identify patterns,
correlations, trends and anomalies in order to obtain insights into historical and future performance.
5. Takes initiatives to conduct in-depth assessment and selection of most appropriate methodologies for
the project given its complexity, scope, and data structure for statistical analysis, overall descriptive
statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary
transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling.
6. Responsible for tracking project-specific issues from initiation through release. Independently
identifies & troubleshoots problems encountered during the process. Responsible for preparation of
data files and statistical reports for project release. Identifies systematic problems with data and
7. Participates in formulating data/analytics core-related strategies, action plans, steps and
training/development plans. Engages in or assists in grant applications, and preparation of presentations
• Must have a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Informatics, Computer Science,
Operations Research, or a related field.
• May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education
and the experience requirements.
• Must have three (3) years of experience in analysis of business related data and information systems.
• Must have research and development experience on predictive modeling, data mining and
management, and other advanced analytics in the development of business intelligence and technology
• Must have experience developing data mining solutions using various statistical software packages (Ex:
R, Python, etc.)
• Prefer experience working with healthcare organizations and healthcare applications.
• Prefer experience working within a complex, academic healthcare organization.
Skills or Special Abilities
• Must be able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of statistical methods, concepts, practices,
procedures, and their application.
• Must have a strong understanding of healthcare inpatient and outpatient operations and regulatory
• Must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive level of knowledge with regard to healthcare software
design and development.
• Must be able to demonstrate expert level critical thinking skills to solve challenging advanced analytics
problems and provide solid solutions.
• Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of :
• IS operational policies, procedures, and standards
• Application features and their integration capabilities
• Business process analysis and redesign, including benefits engineering
• Statistical methods, concepts, practices, and procedures used for health outcome research
• High deduction skills – must be able to use fundamental analysis and reasonable judgments to deduce
answers for complex issues.
• Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
• Must have demonstrated experience and strong commitment to benefits engineering and performance
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation
skills. Must understand and engage audience to achieve the best results.
• Must be flexible and be able to prioritize and reprioritize projects in line with our leaders to meet deadline and deliverables.
• Must demonstrate exceptional abilities for high level comprehension of projects and environment as
well as remain extremely detail oriented for tasks and responsibilities.
• Must be independent and reliable with the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
• Must have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data management, and statistical analysis
• Must demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience using different software including STATA, SPSS,
SAS, Python, and others performing data cleaning, manipulation, processing, management, and
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes
recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of
the overall goals of the department
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending
seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into
current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact
the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks
advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.