Title: Data Analyst
Location: Bethesda, MD; Raleigh, NC
Type: Contract-to-Hire - 6 months
Our client, the world's largest producer of wood pellets for energy consumption, is seeking a Data Analyst.
- Acts as technical subject matter expert for the curation, management, and visualization of data across the enterprise
- Supports technology stack supporting data management, including data warehousing, transport, visualization, master data management, and other tools
- Designs and provides oversight for development best practices for the data landscape
- Defines and is responsible for the execution of maintenance activities supporting their technology stack
- Performs unit testing on software and/or system changes
- Keeps up to date with system documentation, knowledge base articles, and potential software updates and roadmaps.
- Works with a Business Analyst to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Trains business analysts and end users on proper system functionality
- Keeps system documentation up to date as necessary
- Participates in team agile ceremonies
- Maintains, enforces, and follows ITGC and SDLC standards, as they relate to systems analysis activities
- Occasional night and/or weekend work is required to support software deployment
- Bachelor’s Degree in IS, CS, or Data Science required, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years of related experience
- Agile Full lifecycle software development
- Experience with the Azure suite (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Microsoft Stack of applications and services
- Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database component
- Strong competency with database application design, SQL, SQLDB design/development including stored procedures, T-SQL, SAS, understanding of data structures and experience with MS SSIS, MS SSRS, ETL processes and working with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of modeling tools (e.g., ERWIN Model Manager, IBM Rational Suite, Rational (RSA & RDA) Informatica, etc.)
- Strong access modeling/SQL Query skills leaning towards the physical data modeling practice.
- PowerBI implementation and management experience strongly preferred
- Hands-on technical experience using data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics products
- Experience of working in critical production environments that rely heavily on data processes is a must.
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code through advanced algorithmic concepts.
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required; ability to present technical material to a non-technical audience strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of Office365 and DevOps
- Working knowledge of solutions for various deployment models (Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), (SaaS) and emerging cloud services to optimize the essential characteristics of cloud computing
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- An inquisitive attitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- A passion for continuous learning
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- A can-do attitude that leans into issues in order to solve them
- The ability to lead through influence and relate to different personality styles
- The ability to explain and advocate for new technologies to management
- 0-25% travel, project dependent