Position: Senior COBOL Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 4 months
- VSAM to DB2 Conversions.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with COBOL/CICS expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Assess and develop high-level design requirements for projects and communicate in writing or in meetings with the development team.
- Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Write technical documentation including program specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years’ of experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL, CICS, DB2, and VSAM.
- 5 years’ of experience with Easytrieve/JCL
- 5 years’ of experience converting VSAM to DB2.
- 5 years’ of experience and a clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client-server, web).
- 5 years’ of experience in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.