Position: Senior COBOL Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 10 months
- VSAM to DB2 Conversions.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with COBOL/CICS expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Work with other leads or architects to define best practices and coding standards.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Write technical documentation including program specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers or developers on technical work or issues.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years’ of experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL, CICS, DB2, and VSAM.
- 5 years’ of experience Easytrieve or JCL.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!