Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Senior Cloud Architect
Term: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
Location: Remote, USA
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of progressive experience in a combination of development, design, infrastructure/data center and/or related IT disciplines. If no degree, minimum of 10 years of progressive experience as stated above.
- Must be very proficient in cloud and database concepts
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) like AWS.
- Must have implemented solutions in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) like AWS (preferred)
- Must have migrated databases to the cloud
- Deep understanding of databases like PostgreSQL, SQL, NoSQLs like Couchbase
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) like Ansible, Terraform
- Knows popular programming languages like Python and Java
- Knows cloud native architectures
- Experience should include successful leadership of technical work, with proven success in the design and delivery of quality, scalable IT solutions, on budget and in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Strong oral/written communication skills to successfully communicate at varied levels within the organization (technical detail with developers through presentations to company leaders).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical integrations, technologies, and processing environments. Specifically, should have working knowledge in each of these categories: Programming languages, database tech, integration tech, infrastructure and operating systems, and security
- Must have certifications in Cloud Service Providers like CSPs like AWS (preferred)
- Prefer candidates with knowledge and understanding of:Health insurance and plan administration and regulatory and legislative impact on health plans, specifically HIPAA requirements placed on cloud tenants.
- Visual modeling using ArchiMate in particular.
- System integration experience applying API and middleware technologies to SOA and OO designs.
- Leadership and work organization/coordination skills. Strong influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Works effectively with clients to document requirements by conducting interviews and facilitating JAD sessions.
- Able to work closely with the business, IT personnel and other architectural areas to provide research and development around application trends, integration patterns, vendor direction and development methodologies.
- Understand business behavior patterns and patterns of information and technology and how they work together to enable the business to achieve their strategic and tactical goals.
Coordinate the design, maintenance, enhancement, communication, and governance for cloud and database architectures. Responsible for developing and reviewing key architecture deliverables, preliminary and high-level architecture models for software and infrastructure solutions under development. Develop and review architecture artifacts and manage adherence to architecture standards. Perform risk analysis, industry and technical trend analysis, vendor selection and oversight, and assist in defining strategic direction.
A Senior Cloud Architect role will work in any of the following capacities:
- Serve as the senior cloud architect overseeing cloud native and database architectures.
- Serve in a variety of architecture engagements like Agile and continuous delivery, proof-of-technology.
- Coordinate architectural design collaboration for work involving:
-Database design principles.
-Software development, particularly with current generation front-end and back-end languages.
-Cloud and infrastructure principles.
- Drive adherence to existing and evolving security requirements to ensure a robust and secure environment for which to deploy applications.
- Develop and maintain Cloud and Database Architecture Documentation (key written and architecture model project deliverables).
- Work with project teams (including users, developers, and vendors), to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, review, and implement application systems/enhancements .
- Adhere to all technical standards, application portfolio strategy, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., architecture documentation, governance processes, project processes, etc.).
- Identify gaps and opportunities in work to meet long term corporate goals.
- Support pre-project efforts in terms of working with the user team or vendor during meetings/presentations, crafting conceptual designs, assisting with time estimates, and creating related documentation.
- Support our stakeholders (business and internal/external development teams) with technology expertise to ensure the relevance of architecture to meet business needs. Collaborate with the broader architecture community on IT strategies and standards to minimize solution redundancy across the enterprise.
- Stay on top of technology trends to assist with the development of solution, integration, workflow, cloud, and infrastructure standards.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.