Are you a Senior Cisco Telephony Engineer? Do you eat, sleep, and live every Cisco and have call center experience? Are you super collaborative? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
The Senior Cisco Telephony Engineer will lead complex configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and trouble-shooting of telephony components to provide a robust voice communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco Communication Manager in a clustered, multi-server, deployment; Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Call Recording in a large voice network and Cisco's Expressway (MRA) solution.
- Plan, design, implement and manage projects that include new locations or deploying new technologies across the network.
- Evaluate migration, redundancy, disaster recovery, business continuity and long-term growth options.
- Handle complex tasks relating to Telephony operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Develop technical, architecture and process documentation for the company's voice infrastructure.
- Forecast and perform capacity planning on voice network.
- Oversee and interact with Vendors on analysis, acquisition, and installation of remote hardware and software.
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
- Mentor junior engineers on how to effectively communicate with internal customers providing voice services and assimilating business requirements.
- Plan for voice and video infrastructure business continuity.
- Participate on regular on-call rotation.
- Work after hours and weekends as required by the business.
- Respond to emergency calls/pages/emails in a timely fashion even after hours.
- 10% travel.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in voice telecommunications with extensive experience in: VoIP technologies, Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco/Tandberg VCS, Cisco Telepresence, Polycom video conferencing endpoints, Cisco routers and voice gateways using SIP, Quality of Service project management and vendor management.
- Working experience with advanced call center programming for Cisco UCCE and ICM (other Call Center product experience will be considered) and Calabrio Advanced Quality Monitoring (other call recording product experience will be considered).
- Advanced knowledge and experience troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager, phone company provided SIP trunking, Cisco CUBE and Cisco Expressway.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a telecom and backbone network infrastructure (i.e., QoS, Routing etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, as well as relay complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Track record of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Experience in a help desk environment as an escalation engineer.
- Network architecture experience.
- Cisco Collaboration certifications (CCNP, CCIE).
- VoIP design and implementation experience.
- Video conferencing and TelePresence design, implementation and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience supporting a full featured Jabber or WebEx Teams environment with Voice, Video, Instant Messaging and Presence (IM & P).