Are you an experienced Cisco Senior Network Engineer that has versatile technical skills and enjoys getting involved in a variety of areas vs. being siloed in one or two? We are a mid-sized company based in Alpharetta and are seeking a Senior Cisco Network Engineer to join our small team supporting our corporate network.
This is a full time Cisco Network Engineering role supporting the day-to-day operations of our organization's network and as such, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the networking infrastructure, to include:
- Routers (Cisco ASR and ISR)
- Switches (Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA and Palo Alto)
- F5 Load Balancing - Must have
What experience and skills do we require for this role?
- You should have a strong grasp of the TCP/IP protocol suite, including TCP/UDP and the OSI networking model
- Core Cisco routing technologies (OSPF/EIGRP/BGP)
- Core Cisco switching technologies (Spanning Tree Protocol, Rapid STP, VLANs, Multi-layer switching)
- Gateway Redundancy Protocols - (VRRP/HSRP)
- Experience with stateful firewalls and experience writing and maintaining Access Control Lists
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers
- Strong understanding of BGP routing.
- Knowledge of Network Security Protocols (TLS/SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPN technologies)
- Must participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Desire to contribute to a security-minded organization
- Knowledge of Network Management Suites such as Solarwinds
- Experience with Amazon EC2, VPC, and Security Object groups
- Financial industry experience and/or familiarity with the PCI standards would be a plus
This is a contract position that will go through the end of 2021 and possibly longer. We are moving our network to the cloud (AWS) so you will be heavily involved in that project. Our office is in Alpharetta and while we are all working from home at present, this position will eventually be in our Alpharetta HQ location. Please apply so we can begin a conversation with you about this opportunity.