Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst (Data Engineer)
Location: Temporarily remote while SIP; Sacramento, CA or San Francisco, CA
Summary of Work
Our client seeks the services of two (2) Senior Business Systems Analysts (Data Engineer) to support the Data Analytics and Data Integration program. This analyst will work directly with program staff to as a data engineer to design, construct, and maintain data systems in a branch wide data warehouse.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- 5+ years as a data engineer, analyzing, designing, developing and maintaining optimal data pipelines, assembling large, complex data sets that meet business requirements, building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud based technologies.
- Prior experience implementing large scale multi-organizational data warehousing solutions using ETL tools, Machine learning, and Data APIs
- 5+ years of experience with principles and techniques of analyzing and documenting all product life cycle artifacts such as: functional requirements, business cases, project charters, communication plans, test plans, detailed functional specifications
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling
- 5+ years of experience programming in SQL
- 5+ years of experience using an enterprise grade ETL/ELT product (i.e Talend, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, etc)
- 5+ years of experience using tools to perform data prep and data cleansing
- Proven track record of written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experienced working with project schedules, identifying deliverables, milestones, and timelines for assigned projects.
- Confidence explaining decisions, analyses, and recommendations to stakeholders of varying levels of seniority and digital content knowledge.
- Great inter-personal skills, flexible can-do attitude, and drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations and identify creative problem-solving solutions
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Recent experience within government agencies or public-sector bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Experience using Snowflake, Talend, R, Power BI
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, construct, maintain, and enhance data pipelines supporting our client’s branch data warehouse.
- Create and execute data warehouse queries according to established specifications.
- Generate and document technical specifications and process for data extraction processes.
- Create and execute User Acceptance Testing scripts.
- Create and execute data quality control processes.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support for project team and courts.
- Provide data engineering training to our client and Court staff developing data engineering skills
- Communicate project activities, performance and status.
- Weekly and monthly status reports
- Other tasks, as assigned.