Selene Finance is a multi-line of business financial services firm with a mortgage servicing company, a loan diligence company, a title company, an insurance brokerage and a real estate owned company. There are locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Salt Lake CIty, UT, and Dallas, TX. Founded in 2007 to address needs in the mortgage industry, we strive to provide amazing client and borrower experiences. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
Position Summary: The Servicing Transfer BSA II is responsible for servicing transfer activities, including but not limited to, electronic and manual loan boarding and off boarding, set-up, analysis, data exceptions, issue resolution, quality control, and data integrity of all loans boarded to and off boarded from to the Selene Servicing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Electronic and manual loan boarding and set-up, quality control and data integrity.
- Thoroughly involved with boarding newly acquired loans to the servicing system (Sagent Loanserv).
- Ensures the accuracy of loan information by performing pre-boarding quality checks.
- Creates/updates/maintains tables, scripts, and data analytics tools used to accurately manage and convert data to the servicing system
- Develop data validation rules to ensure quality data
- Perform tests for validity, reasonableness, and accuracy through standard methods and application of specific subject-area knowledge
- Reviews error logs and corrects data mappings to ensure successful final data conversion
- Reconcile loan activity that occurred between purchase and completion of the servicing transfer
- Identifies and corrects data quality issues and inconsistencies
- Increases data quality through creation of data validation tools and enhanced techniques
- Meets deadlines as defined and ensures departmental standards are maintained
- Participates in required conference calls with prior servicers to ensure efficient and effective conversion and transition to the servicing lines of business
- Produces data tapes that meet required third party standards
- Communicates with both internal and external groups regarding data and payment issues
- Establishes and maintains performance standards and actively provides feedback and communication on active pools to direct supervisor and executive leadership
- Monarch experience preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used terminology, mortgage documents, concepts, practices, and procedures within the mortgage industry
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high volume and time sensitive environment while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as, part of a team to achieve department/group goals
- Strong customer-service orientation with positive attitude
- Ability to use good judgment
- Well versed with regulatory and investor guidelines and keeps current with all Federal, State, industry specific and departmental policies
- Knowledge of MERS, MERS Transfers, and chain of Assignment of Mortgages
- Experience developing scripts and tools to manage and analyze data
- Experience performing data conversions
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year accredited College preferred. Three to five years' related experience and/or training required. Prefer experience of queries in MS SQL designed to detect missing and /or incorrect data before loans board to the servicing system.
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental &Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays (10 ½ days off)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.