Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Business Execution Consultant
Location: Charlotte, NC; NY
Term: 6 months
- Consults and provides guidance on the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex matters regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, business performance improvement opportunities, and helping to manage the risks for the applicable business functions.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of the LOB's or business group's functional area or products to support and drive strategic initiatives for the business.
- Responsible for support functions and/or operations/production oversight usually for multiple business groups for a Line of Business or for a significantly diverse and complex business group within a Line of Business.
- Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, information security, business continuity planning, capacity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management, third party management, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight.
- May present to executive management on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements.
- May consult on process execution matters for risk policies/ programs, business process risk/ control assessment at process level.
- May conduct, execute, or manage: risk assessments, ad hoc reviews, quality activities, issue intake process, remediation process, and exam management.
- May provide work direction to lower level staff.
- Collect input from executive leaders and organize into concise updates for reporting to leadership, committees and regulators
- Develop and foster working relationships with the Business and Enterprise Function Regulatory Relations teams to stay abreast of current state of regulatory engagements and interactions
- Understand and highlight key themes within the supervisory correspondence from regulatory agencies for senior management and the Board
- Create and review complex reporting materials for completeness and accuracy
- Review and provide feedback for the preparation of regulatory notifications and submissions related to regulatory approvals
- Ensure that documentation related to significant regulatory interaction (e.g., supervisory correspondence, internal status reports, etc) identified during interactions with stakeholders are maintained in the Regulatory Relations data repository, working with the Regulatory Relations Strategy, Governance and Oversight team
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- The ability to creating & deliver PowerPoint presentations for executives (may be presenting or creating the presentation for others)
- Reporting skills within Excel, Tableau
- The ability to take data, create concise communications, and convey that info cleanly
- Experience interacting with leadership and supporting projects
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- 8+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services demonstrated through work or military experience.
- High reading comprehension
- Strong writing skills
- Executive presence
- Ability to work
- Ability to generate, review, edit, and distribute executive level reports, highlighting a call to action and identifying themes
- Ability to drive execution of priorities in coordination with reporting teams, regulatory engagement leads, and stakeholders from across the enterprise
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Solid critical thinking skills – Asking how or why to uncover root cause or understand next steps
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience creating reports in response to management, audit, or regulatory requirements
- Experience working at a federal bank regulatory agency or experience interacting with federal regulatory agencies managing regulatory examinations and continuous monitoring activities
- Experience in business writing to optimize business-related documentation, such as committee and forum materials and communications tied to regulatory issue progression, that provides concise and ease of consumption for senior leaders and regulators.
- Experience using information collection and reporting tools (SharePoint, Tableau, etc.) to capture updates, highlight action required, and drive results.
- Leverage experience leading large-scale efforts, cross functional projects, or operations