Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Location: 100% Remote
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $70+/hourly, DOE
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) works as a liaison between key business stakeholders and the Information Technology (IT) department. BSAs are responsible for working with stakeholders to understand their business needs and working with IT partners to evaluate, estimate, plan, and implement solutions that meet the business needs, goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs project discovery in partnership with service lines, IT COEs, and business stakeholders.
• Develops initial budget estimates and resource requirements for solution implementation
• Works on one or more projects as a BSA with focus on eliciting business and functional requirements and documenting them in a business requirements document (BRD).
• Facilitates requirements reviews with all impacted stakeholders including business functions, IT security, IT infrastructure, application support, compliance, legal, and contracting.
• Transforms business needs into clearly defined requirements that can feasibly be tested and implemented in a solution.
• Leads teams to ensure projects remain focused on the solution scope
• Models and analyzes current state and future state processes; fosters understanding of how project impacts current state
• Creates and manages traceability matrix to ensure alignment between requirements, design, build, and testing/QA
• Drives the solution selection process and helps identify which solution best fits the business need. Activities can include: vendor product research, RFP development, vendor demonstrations and scenario scripting, vendor selection criteria/scoring methodology.
• Defines acceptance criteria and leads user acceptance testing activities
• Leads special committees to continuously improve processes, tools or the organization in general.
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for two or more functional areas.
Experience and Education:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with business and solutions analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Must be highly skilled and experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Word.
• Effectively manages time and balances multiple priorities.
• Takes initiative and acts without waiting for direction.
• Anticipates customers’ needs and meets and/or exceeds expectations.
• Displays a strong sense of urgency.
• Strong interpersonal skills; builds rapport and relates well with all kinds of people. Treats everyone with respect.
• Deals well with ambiguity and change.
• Writes in ways that make abstract concepts, issues and information clear and understandable to a wide variety of audiences.
• Analyzes problems utilizing logic and systematic processes