Senior Business Analyst, Data and Analytics Platform
Contract to Hire
Target Remote Location(s): Redwood City, CA, Boston, MA, Madison, WI.
The Senior Business Analyst on the Data and Analytics Platform will have an exemplary opportunity to influence building best in class data driven solutions for our Precision Oncology business unit. This position will perform a dual role as a Business Analyst and Product Manager as required. The role will be primarily responsible for leading business requirements elicitation, defining product features and influencing customers with a consultative approach to build right product to requirement fit while keeping long term vision in context.
We are hiring for three positions each specializing in Business Intelligence, Data Governance and Advanced Analytics data product areas respectively.
- Produce business requirements document.
- Develop as-is and to-be business process workflows.
- Understand and map in depth business processes, people, and data systems detail.
- Analyze gaps and propose to-be process flows.
- Create dashboards, applications, reports, and other data and analytics product mock-ups using design thinking, purpose driven KPI design, and UI/UX focus.
- Develop well-organized, informative presentations using appropriate tools.
- Work with the product manager to understand the project scope and broader business vision.
- Immerse in new business areas, as required, to gain domain expertise with proactive research and fast learning.
- Elicit business requirements for the defined scope by engaging with appropriate stakeholders and leadership at all levels.
- Handover business requirements to the technical team ensuring adequate business context, detailed feature description, and relative prioritization for technical requirements definition and development.
- Develop manageable, implementable product features by dissecting complex product requirements.
- Aggregate, assimilate, and analyze information and data from diverse sources towards decision recommendations.
- Consult business teams on building right product features based on business requirement and understanding of where the product fits in the business workflow.
- Evaluate existing analytical tools, processes, and systems to identify opportunities for improvement and bring operational efficiency.
- Assist in data-product Lifecyle assessments to build a fit-to-requirement/size Data and Analytics product portfolio.
- Ability to identify roadblocks to execution and escalate, as appropriate.
- Contribute to establish best-in-class business analysis, requirements gathering, requirements handover, feature prioritization, and onboarding/training processes through the Business Analysis Center of Excellence focused on the Data and Analytics Platform.
- Provide input and support to business teams during product release with necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training, and supporting material.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources for improvement recommendations.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) of analytics products, such as databases, dashboards, and/or reports.
- Conduct product demos and engage with customers and other stakeholders using excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate regularly with the Product Managers, business stakeholders at all levels, subject matter experts, solutions architects, and development teams to build value driven and delightful analytics products for customers.
- Identify business problems and design fit for purpose product features.
- Manage backlog of projects and features.
- Train and mentor Junior Business Analysts and Product Managers.
- Provide project status updates in both verbal and written format.
- Assist the project manager in developing detailed project timelines.
- Manage multiple projects with competing priorities efficiently with composure.
- Ability to learn new business areas, processes, tools, and technologies, as needed.
- Quickly learn and self-starter.
- Ability to lead the business analysis process with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance from manager to deliver on medium to high complexity projects.
- Innovate independently with a forward-looking approach.
- Ability to communicate articulately and efficiently.
- Display high integrity, compassion, and business analysis/consulting skills.
- Contribute to continuous innovation with deep learning, reengineering of tools and processes to optimize business engagement/experience, requirement gathering, product design, and technical team handover.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison, WI locations.
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, data analysis, and/or business consulting with data management and data analysis fundamentals while performing low complexity data analysis and root cause analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in gathering requirements for building data and analytics products with focus on Business Intelligence and/or Data Governance and/or Advanced Analytics.
- 3+ years of experience running simple SQL queries and proven understanding of running complex SQL queries.
- 1+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- 6+ months experience with application mockup tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Operations Research, or degree related to job duties.
- 3+ years of experience with mid-high complexity Business Intelligence solutions, such as reports, dashboards, data marts, and/or augmented analytics.
- 3+ years of experience with mid-high complexity Data Governance solutions, such as master data management, data quality, data cataloguing, and/or data policy implementation.
- 3+ years of experience with mid-high complexity Advanced Analytics solutions involving complex data integrations, visualizations, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and/or Natural Language Processing.
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI, or willingness to learn.
- Experience with application mockup tools, such as Balsamiq or Figma.
- Familiarity and comfort working in agile delivery framework.
- Experience with process mapping tools like Visio.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Operations Research, or degree related to job duties.