MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in Chicago to help build their consumer insights group due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company while focusing on career growth.
Do you have a passion for consumer research? Do you live in a world of data and analytics? This position may be for you!!!
Consumer Insights collect, analyze, model and interpret data surrounding consumers, employees and contractors, driving strategies to acquire, develop and retain. This includes projects/programs such as, Net Promoter Score (NPS), consumer segmentation, advertising evaluation and promotional concept testing. Media Analytics utilize predictive analytics and actual second-by-second television viewing data to decipher the optimal television programming to place its advertising, driving higher viewership, spend efficiencies and customer acquisition.
- The Analyst will participate in all aspects of consumer research, including project design, programming, data tabulation and statistical analysis. Additionally, prepare written and oral presentations with the ability to convey technical research findings to both lay and technical audiences.
- Responsible for tracking, trending and reporting consumer research metrics that are derived from multiple data points. The Analyst will be responsible for creating, automating and distributing daily, weekly, and monthly reports and scorecard/dashboards for tracking programs.
- Develop and implement quantitative consumer research studies in the form of custom research projects and tracking research programs.
- Mine resulting data to identify opportunities for improving customer retention and/or expand consumer acquisition, including post-study analysis and recommendations.
- Provide actionable summaries of findings to other departments on a proactive basis.
- Keep abreast of best practices and new research in the area of research design for the development and administration of online surveys. Continuously draft recommendations for new features/capabilities to improve the quality of online research.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation on methodologies, procedures, and survey-specific operational details. Participate and collaborate in ongoing survey methods research testing for all modes of administration.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and adherence of the technical infrastructure for all reporting, dashboards, scorecards within Consumer Insights & Media Analytics. This may include complex reports with sophisticated formulas and grouping or summarization of data.
- Exercises a continued willingness to learn and excel; identify imaginative and resourceful solutions to problems; thinks outside the box; knows there are better ways to do things and seeks opportunities to provide creative and analytical solutions – proactively.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Market Research, Operations Research, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Exceptional writing/language skills with respect to crafting of survey questions, survey instructions, and other survey respondent communications. Knowledge/experience in the area of human-computer interaction research, and online survey usability testing.
- Extensive knowledge of survey research techniques and methods. Strong expertise in questionnaire design. Demonstrated mastery of questionnaire construction and survey instrument flow.
- Strong experience with web-based survey tools such as, Qualtrics, Zoomerang, Confirmit, Sawtooth, etc.
- Moderate knowledge of statistical methodologies, including, multivariate regression, correlation matrixes, factor analysis, conjoint analysis, MaxDiff, etc.
- Experience with statistical programming software (such as Python, SPSS, SAS). In addition to visualization software (such as Tableau).
- Advanced working experience with Excel formulas and spreadsheets: formulas include, but not limited to v-lookup, if statements, pivot tables, sort, subtotals, charts, filters, and graphs.
- Moderate working experience with Access databases including crosstab queries, modifying records in tables, importing/exporting objects, linking databases.
- Manage projects independently, but proactively communicate progress and deliverables. Lead without line authority. High desire to proactively initiate ideas and influence change. Superior attention to accuracy and detail.