Our client is seeking a Security Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity in Los Angeles, CA!
This security professional will be responsible for managing and enhancing the technical security posture of the organization’s platforms, solutions and services. The ideal candidate has great written and verbal communication skills and is able to interface well with people with various technical backgrounds. They must have strong physical and information security skills and be able to formulate plans and see them through the entire lifecycle. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of managing security in operations programs, strategic services, and projects to minimize risk exposure to the business.
The ideal candidate also understands that supporting their people is one of the most critical roles they perform, and to achieve this they must be open and approachable and have a bias for action. They have a passion for adapting on the fly, delighting customers, teamwork, and continuous improvement. They are a Results-oriented person with strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams.
- Participate in the design and deployment of new software systems, services, components, features, etc.
- Develop appropriate plans to proactively mitigate potential security weaknesses. Work with internal teams to identify and resolve vulnerabilities on a continuous basis
- Develop and deliver ongoing training/awareness programs throughout the company to ensure all staff and appropriate contracted staff are aware of policies, common risks, and how to identify and respond to potential security incidents
- Partner with external security teams to ensure compliance with network requirements
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with client teams
- Work alongside the infrastructure and marketing operations teams to assess, design, implement, and manage enterprise applications
- Review and redesign existing workflows to create operational efficiencies
- Maintain up to date knowledge of emerging security trends, risks, new guidance or standards (internal and external) and security enhancing technologies
- Collect, analyze and report security metrics (incident and performance based) that demonstrate security’s impact and risk reduction
- Develop, maintain and enforce information security policies, standards, and procedures
- Communicate security posture, risks, and concerns to executive-level audiences
- 5+ years’ experience with managing enterprise level security or 5+ years in a related role with increasing scope, responsibility, and complexity at a multinational company
- College degree (BA or BS) Management Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCSP certifications are preferred
- Strong experience with security policy development, change management principles and processes, access control systems, security education, data protection, privacy, network penetration testing, SOX compliance and audits, threat analysis, vulnerability management and remediation
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and ability to assess complex systems
- Expert knowledge of security/compliance frameworks including PCI, NIST, ISO27001, OWASP etc.
- Knowledge of system administration, active directory, network security principals, best practices and industry standards.
- Experience in project management and corporate security environment for a global company.
- Experience managing security for cloud-based SaaS and hosted solutions
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, and Outlook
- Understand relationship building and the development of cross-functional/peer relationships.
- Ability to work with diverse, global team
- Ability to translate risks and issues into action with timely closure