Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Basics: Seeking a Security Engineer with Endpoint tooling experience.
Location: 100% remote - 8-5 Mountain time zone hours
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $60+ /hourly, DOE
Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve medium to complex technical and business issues related to endpoint security. Designs, develops, and implements solutions to successfully integrate new information security systems within the existing architecture or to migrate systems from one architecture to another. Provides end-user support and works on multiple functions of medium to high complexity. Identifies and recommends functional, technological, and/or control solutions. May work on or drive one or more projects as part of a Security team. Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more endpoint security platforms such as antivirus/antimalware, HIPS, endpoint encryption, hardening, privilege management, EDR, and others.
• Detects and identifies vulnerabilities in systems, including but not limited to databases, applications, network elements and devices, and data storage
• Develop advanced custom scripts, programs, and application interfaces to enhance existing monitoring infrastructure as part of project team efforts
• Pursue continuing education to maintain advanced knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, and threats and trends in information security, translating into operational action items, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines as part of the IT Security team
• Lead root-cause analysis efforts to determine improvement opportunities when failures occur. Contribute as lead and SME on incident research and resolution when appropriate, mentoring incident team members
• Assist in Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying opportunities for process improvement
• Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties as directed by management.
• Provides training, and coaching for Analysts, Technicians, and Engineers in the IT Security organization
• Assists management in the definition of cross-platform information security and/or identity management policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines.
• Participate in the collection and documentation of departmental knowledge artifacts; key participant in the development, population, and championing of knowledge management and collaboration systems for the IT Security team.
• Communicates complex technical information to team members and many levels of management
• Provides identity management advice and support for network systems and applications
• Experience with Enterprise Infrastructure (Microsoft, Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.), and Endpoint Security products (antivirus, EDR, encryption, mobile defense).
• Experience evaluating and implementing new hardware and software solutions and managing vendor support/SLA required.
• Understanding of complex systems
• Must be a self-starter
• Must have professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
• Experience in Windows Office (Work, Excel, etc) required.