This Dallas-Ft. Worth industry leader has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity in Irving, TX for a Security Engineer. The Security Engineer is responsible for engineering and maintenance of security systems and infrastructure, as well as investigation and triage of security issues across several tool sets and disciplines. The ideal candidate will have a strong IT background including prior experience in a systems administrator, network administrator, or equivalent role as well as a solid understanding of general Information Security concepts.
- Building, maintaining, and supporting security systems and infrastructure.
- Incident response and remediation, root cause analysis.
- Coordinating vulnerability scans and remediation projects with remote sites.
- Performing routine security audits/reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4-7 years’ experience in a technical administration or engineering role
- General knowledge of Information Security best practices in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of enterprise network, system, and application level security practices
- Good technical writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in three or more of the following IT domains:
- General operating system management and security
- Firewalls and general networking concepts
- Patch management and/or vulnerability remediation
- Phishing campaigns and end user security training
- Penetration testing, incident response, computer forensics
- Scripting, development, and/or automation
- Experience with any of the following technologies a plus:
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Azure ATP
- Microsoft Defender ATP
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Fortinet or Juniper firewalls
- Rapid7 InsightIDR/VM and/or Nexpose
- PowerShell, Bash, or Python Scripting