This Dallas-Ft. Worth industry leader has an immediate 4 month contract-to-hire opportunity in Irving, TX for a Security Engineer. The Security Engineer is responsible for engineering and maintenance of security systems and infrastructure, as well as investigation and triage of security issues across several tool sets and disciplines. The ideal candidate will have a strong IT background including prior experience in a systems administrator, network administrator, or equivalent role as well as a solid understanding of general Information Security concepts. This position allows the opportunity to work fully remote within the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, with only going into the office when needed.
- Building, maintaining, and supporting security systems and infrastructure.
- Incident response and remediation, root cause analysis.
- Coordinating vulnerability scans and remediation projects with remote sites.
- Performing routine security audits/reviews.
Hands-on experience in three or more of the following IT domains:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical administration or engineering role
- General knowledge of Information Security best practices in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of enterprise network, system, and application level security practices
- Good technical writing, documentation, and communication skills
Experience with any of the following technologies a plus:
- General operating system management and security
- Firewalls and general networking concepts
- Patch management and/or vulnerability remediation
- Phishing campaigns and end user security training
- Penetration testing, incident response, computer forensics
- Scripting, development, and/or automation
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Azure ATP
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint/Identity
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, or Juniper firewalls
- Rapid7 InsightIDR/VM and/or Nexpose
- PowerShell, Bash, or Python Scripting
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.